1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Updated To The Forum

Discussion in 'Latest breaking news for TBFE' started by Brandon, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Joy Brussels

Joy Brussels Active Member

By any chance can you add signature link in updated version...

Just a suggestion.. actually..closer to request.. :) :)

2. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

hello,
    You should be able to add signatures.

3. VinayaSpeaks

VinayaSpeaks Member

I joined this site recently, and I am very new here (in fact this is my first post). After navigating on the forum trying to understand how things work here, what topics are popular with the members, here I am leaving a comment on a thread. I am on many forums and I hope this forum will be true to its name

4. Draevyn

Draevyn Member

I must admit, this is rather intriguing. It's nice to see an active forum for a change, and one that is run by someone who is a happy and active member of the forum. I've seen too many of these forums die out quickly due to real life interfering with the person running it. It's good to see. Keep up the good work, and I must admit, I personally enjoy the fact that you let people see what was fixed with the updates, instead of like a lot of forums that simply update and don't give people a heads up.

5. Brandon

I decided to update the license for this URL and have finally updated the script.
    I also had a "resource manager" on one of my URL's that isn't being used so I set it up here. Maybe we can fill it with something handy?

I had to change the style, the old one was very outdated and I don't have access to that license info so we're going with what you see for now.

Enjoy :)

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Doesn't look bad. What's the deal with the site exactly now a days? Is grant still owner/admin? What are plans for the site?

7. goblues

goblues Well-Known Member

Brandon likes this.
  8. Brandon

Grant passed the site to me a year ago or so.
    I host it and do my best to keep it loading quick.
    There are mods, or at least one that's been killing any spam that's came through. He/she/they are the real heros. :)

Thanks @goblues and welcome to the forums. :)

goblues likes this.
  9. Brandon

What can be done to make this the best forum ever in a very literal sense?
    Figuring out who we want to target would be my first step in most cases.

What kind of users are we after

10. Brandon

So.. I added a little shoutbox to the forums to see if you guys dig it. Honestly, I wouldn't normally use it but I did have a pro license and if it gets a few connections going then maybe that'll end up with content on the forums.

I was also playing with the styling a bit the other day. I was trying to make the text bigger and easier to read. I removed some elements on the pages that to reduce clutter. My idea is to create a look or style that's easy to navigate and use.

chime in if you guys have suggestions

11. Brandon

12. Brandon

I've been tinkering around again, enjoy :D

13. Brandon

I think I just about have everything lined up the way I want as far as content goes.
    I'll start a logo contest after new years, then work on a style off that when I get the logo.

14. Brandon

anyone there? ..lol

15. Brandon

16. Brandon

Here's a copy of our new logo

The best forum ever new copy.png

I'll match the style up with as soon as I get some time. :)