1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guns - yes or no

Discussion in 'Topics for debate' started by Arrowhead, Jan 16, 2011.

1. ssvs04

ssvs04 Contributors

We have more then enough laws on the books for gun control. We just need to enforce the laws we have. As long as society has a means to produce medals guns will always exist. So because of that guns have done far more good freeing America from tyranny and America freeing the world from communism. As long as a society is armed government is much more likely to stay in its place and not completely trample peoples rights. Any nation that takes away the peoples rights to be armed is suspect for future tyranny and not to be trusted with the peoples future.

2. Hunter McCaberascal

Hunter McCaberascal New Member

Guns don't kill people, People kill People

Brandon likes this.
  3. Draconem

Draconem Member

Weapons have been around for centuries, and I must say that I feel that guns arent the problem its people

4. Arsonism

Arsonism Kill it with fire Staff Member

Holy thread revival batman

Army guy here saying these folks are pretty absurd, the sale of guns and the correlations with events just means there are more crazies out there. That doesn't mean that they're all going to go out and commit horrible crimes, they're scared that horrible things are about to happen to them.

Going postal was a term coined by an event where a postman literally just started up killing people one day and it took a long time until he was actually caught. The term stuck for people going crazy and just killing others off for the hell of it or as targets, but I guarantee all the people who bought guns or protection around that time didn't intend to follow in his footsteps.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Brandon and Draconem like this.
  5. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

Your reply made me think of this..lol

bring_out_your_dead3-400x397.jpg

I like guns though, I'd like to own more!
    I'm helping a buddy of mine startup a gun shop in my home town, here is their facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/LSOGAG/

6. UniversalAris

UniversalAris New Member

Canada may have a lower crime rate, but there are a lot of crime near there border. There is no means for them to protect themselves against people who already own guns. If the country started off without any guns than we would only need to worry about the surrounding borders, but since everyone has guns and taking away that right now would cause uprising it is very illogical and would cause more death to take them away rather than leave them.

7. andy12m

andy12m Member

Most of the time, I carry a rifle whenever I go off the road because I do hunting.