1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCX *No Slow* Controller Review

Discussion in 'Tech support forums' started by FraGTaLiTy, Dec 2, 2009.

1. FraGTaLiTy

FraGTaLiTy Well-Known Member

After punching multiple holes in my wall out of agony and fury because my controller wasn't doing what I told it, I decided to give My Custom Xbox's new "no slow" controller a try. I was skeptical at first, figuring that all they did was sand the shell to compensate for the no slow issue instead of actually fixing the problem. I had tried this myself, and it felt so unnatural that I couldn't control my aim. About a week after ordering the controller, it arrived at my house, and after playing with it for a week I have nothing but good news. Since many competitors suffer from the same malfunction I do, I decided to write up a review on the product and share it with the community.

PACKAGING:

The first thing I noticed as I opened the box was that this item wasn't thrown together by some young kid in his basement. MCX packaged the controller in a string-pull nylon pouch and the cord of the controller was bundled with a black Velcro strip. Also in the box was the companies business card with a letter about the product. The packaging was very professional and gave me a significantly positive first impression on the company.

PERFORMANCE:

It feels and performs just like a normal controller except it works consistently. MCX found a way to fix the slow turn present in nearly every Xbox 360 controller WITHOUT expanding radius of movement by sanding down the plastic shell. It feels completely natural; they did not sacrifice anything while fixing the slow turn. It is, without a doubt, the perfect controller.

IS IT WORTH THE PRICE TAG?

At nearly $75, the controller definitely isn't cheap. However, if your a competitor who is playing to win, you simply can't put a price on a reliable controller. As gamers, controllers are as important to our competition as athletes' actual bodies are to their sports. The controller is the device we use to perform all actions in gaming. Every snipe we shoot, every BR shot we aim, every jump we make, and every move we make, is a result of the controller responding to our fingers. If the controller is not working perfectly, then the outcome of the game is out of our hands and we might as well call this whole competition "gambling". With MCX's "no slow" controller, the controller reflects exactly what your fingers dictate at all times. The game is in your hands. Forget headsets. Forget Gunnar glasses. Having a reliable controller is the most important and fundamental necessity if you plan on competitively. You get to play your game; the controller doesn't play you. MCX's "no slow" controller is worth every penny.

Site: MyCustomXbox – Everyone Should Know How To Paint an Xbox 360 Controller!

2. Donkey

Donkey Kai

You really punch holes in the wall? You have issues.

I don't have a problem with the controllers, and I have don't understand what they did to make it better.

3. Acklete

Acklete TBFE MLGenius

I have gone through several controllers, but the one thing I have never had is the slow the turn thing... I have my sticks get lose but I hear a lot of bitching about slow turning I guess I am just lucky.

4. Donkey

Donkey Kai

Just watch a video on it. That's pretty cool I guess. I wouldn't buy one.

5. Midget

Midget I give out free candy.

6. Midget

Oh, and anyone with a multimeter and soldering experience and some electronic experience can make these controllers. All they do is either change or correct the resistance on the controllers circuit board. They probably use better parts as well. But I think it is 0 - 2500 ohms on both the X and Y axis'.

7. Acklete

Acklete TBFE MLGenius

those are a little different they just give you more control because they make the sticks longer meaning you can turn faster and more precise, and your small twitches can be more precise as well... I actually want to get some of those for christmas though.

8. Random

Random THE Article Writer

Any 360 wireless controller, (default, with the little nubs on the thumbsticks) is great for me.
    I can't handle the wired ones.

9. Midget

I'm the same way.

They are worth the try for $13 shipped. If you don't like them, throw them out I guess.

10. FraGTaLiTy

FraGTaLiTy Well-Known Member

What's your aim? We need to discuss this.