1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Politics is taking all the good parking!

Discussion in 'Around the home' started by jourgenson, Oct 3, 2000.

1. jourgenson

jourgenson Well-Known Member

On Sunday I was trying to park downtown near the hockey arena to watch a football game that wasn't on local tv and there wasn't a space to be found in an area that should have been fairly deserted. What happend, you might ask? Nader's green party was holding a rally at said hockey arena. Which is fine but shouldn't all those green party people take public transportation and bikes?[​IMG]

So today, streets all around me are closed and parking is tight in my neighborhood because of the debates which are happening at UMASS-Boston. Can I, a taxpayer who lives within walking distance og said event get anywhere near it?? No. Sorry I'm am not important enough. I bet the people who paid for it, Anheiser-Busch and a couple other corporations are gonna be there.

My second issue is Nader. What's he got against the corvair? My dad had one, they're pretty cool.

----------------------------
    my eyes, the goggles do nothing

2. liltaz

liltaz Care Bear

You're right. They should be on bikes and public transportation. Just goes to show you what hypocrites some people can be.

Sorry to say I don't know what corvair is.

That just sucks. They need more parking or something ...but I guess it's like here or anywhere else. There's never enough parking for everything.

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."

- Samuel Butler

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

liltaz> Back in his days as a consumer activist, Nader declared the Chevy Corvair to be "unsafe at any speed".

spidergoolash: "heh, a cup of diesel dan - mwahhha"
    me: "heh, a cup of me is like a cup of heaven!"

4. JHowse

JHowse Well-Known Member

And what's sad is that the Corvair wasn't that bad of a car, either.....hmmmmm

I almost want to hear Beavis call out to Butthead in a fight against Nader, "KICK HIM IN THE NADS!!!" [​IMG]

Does driving a car from Saturn make me an alien?

5. jourgenson

jourgenson Well-Known Member

When I said there would be traffic, I was totally underestimating. My street looks like a parking lot. Right now ther are about 50 people walking by chanting "Let Ralph Debate." Its actually pretty cool to be affected by national politics [​IMG]

my eyes, the goggles do nothing