1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The Things You Like About Forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forums' started by Mike30, May 8, 2017.

1. Mike30

Mike30 Well-Known Member

I love forums because I really find interesting people all around the world and I keep myself in touch on whats happening at current times.

Would you mention a few things that you particularly like about forums in general?

2. andy12m

andy12m Member

To me, forums offer a good way to gain new ideas as well as share your thoughts.

3. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

One thing I really like about forums is that the conversations are usually there forever. Many google searches for my old truck when I was working on it brought up threads from 10 years ago. Which was prefect because my truck was a 2003, many social media sites these days will have so much filler and crap that the actual good tweets or updates will be buried. Forums offer a way to archive our convos you could say.

4. Mike30

Mike30 Well-Known Member

That is an excellent point of view. Also, many times you can get in touch with people you met 10 years ago lol. I think our first interaction was around 2008/2009. :) I still communicate with users from my first forum which was around that time. (At social media, things go way too fast for me :) )

Brandon likes this.
  5. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

Indeed
    It's been interesting through the years seeing who is around still and who isn't.

At least in the forum world itself

One of the first devs I met or knew of was patrick o'keef, I still follow him and we chat time to time.
    There are many great guys and gals I've met over the years.

Mike30 likes this.