1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Can Be Done With All The Mass Shooting In The Us?

Discussion in 'Latest world news' started by Brandon, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

I'm a firm believe in gun rights and I don't want anyone's rights to ever be taking away, but what can be done to prevent our schools and malls from being shot up every year?

I think it all boils down to raising our kids and the lack of parenting that some kids are raised up in.

GunCartoon.jpg

^^This isn't working..

pic.jpg

This should^

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Very simple solution. Ban all guns to civilians. It is unbelievable but it really works. Try to shoot someone without a gun. You will see it is practically impossible. I tried it several times and never was able to shoot anyone.

The problem here is that you do not want this kind of law because most of you like to have guns at you. You feel stronger with it. I understand, it is like an inferior complex or just an addiction to that kind of force and power.

The fact is that until you loose the guns nothing will change. Until you realise that you shouldn't have access to guns nothing will change.

3. toradrake

toradrake Member

Arm everyone. If you notice, the mass shootings are primarily happening in gun free zones. Second thing is to outlaw concealed weapons. All weapons are to be exposed at all times. Thirdly have harsher background checks on people or longer wait time for licensing or something.

ghost_in_the_machine likes this.
  4. You should tell that to Brazil, where firearm crime is through the roof and it's virtually impossible to obtain a legal firearm. You're obviously too naive to realize the ease in which criminals can get unmarked and unlicensed weaponry. And don't worry; they don't have any limitations on their guns. They are automatic. They are hollow-point, and they have lots of them.

5. eProject

eProject Member

The USA failed to take care of its citizens and that is why they passed a law that saw almost everybody applying for a gun. If citizens have guns then I don't see a reason for the police to also carry guns and if the police are having guns then why licence citizens to be carrying guns. If leaders believe that the US citizens are safe then they should not be giving them gun licences.

6. IcyFirefly

IcyFirefly Member

It is a hot debate when it comes to gun control. I can see both sides of the equation, but I also agree with @Brandon ! The whole issue must starts from the root, and that is parental guidance. However, parents in this day and age don't have much rights either because of the court system. You discipline your child, you go in jail. You teach your child, they call 911. Yet, when your child shoot others, you are to blame! Something is not right with our society so the mass shooting will continue whether there is gun banned or not.

toradrake likes this.
  7. toradrake

toradrake Member

Right there with you on that IcyFirefly. Here is a prime example. A friend of mines kid is out of control, but when she tries to discipline the child the kid threatens to call DFAC's on her. Kids are informed in school that they can call child protective services and they use it to get out of being disciplined for the things that they do.

8. VinayaSpeaks

VinayaSpeaks Member

I can see two different solutions.
    Gun control: banning weapon for public use, tightening rules for gun license, or high charge for gun license.
    Child control: this option is funny though, don't bear a child, or at least don't bear boy child.

9. IcyFirefly

IcyFirefly Member

That is so sad but parents have lost the majority rights in today world in dealing with children. It is a horrible mess when it comes to court.

There was a story in the news not long ago when the father took his daughter's cellphone away as she texted and used bad language in name calling his new wife, and he lost custody of her. Can you see where we go wrong in this country? I was shock with the court decision but many people believed the girl had the rights to ask her father to relinquish his parent rights because he exercised his discipline.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlands Member

I think that in a country where it's so easy to get a gun, of course there is going to be shooting - because people see that as the answer to issues that they have when really it should only ever be a complete last resort from any kind of situation. People should not be allowed a firearms license, because there is just no need for them at all. I don't know how the country as a whole can go about changing things when the issue is now so widespread, but I am certainly that something does indeed need to be done about it - and soon, too.

11. loliveroliver

loliveroliver Member

I really do hope this response was sarcastic. Give everyone a gun!? I mean, what could go wrong? If you would like to see what would happen if everyone had a gun and could open carry, just watch any classic Western movie.

Surprisingly, the answer is to ban guns and open carry for every civilian. Americans love to say that then they would not be able to defend themselves once some robber tried to murder them in their house or whatever. Well you know what? In places where guns are not legal, they can only be obtained on the black market.

And if someone had the means to obtain a gun on the black market for 5-10k $, I sure as hell don't think they'd want to raid your house and murder you for your TV.

Anyways.. think about it! :rolleyes:

12. toradrake

toradrake Member

Western movies are fact and no I wasn't being sarcastic. I live in an area where seeing a gun on some ones hip is a normal everyday thing. I grew up in a military town where again, seeing guns on the hip was a normal thing. If you look through history you will see that there are more deaths today by guns then there were back during the days of the gunslingers. During the 17 and 1800's just about every household had guns. Today, only a small handful of citizens have guns.

Let's put it in this context. You can unarm the average citizen, but you can not unarm a criminal. You unarm your citizens and they now are easy victums. When I was 11 a man came into my home while my parents were gone with intention to sexually assualt me. I was asleep in my parents room and in the closet was 3 rifles and a hand gun on the top shelf. I grabbed the rifle and used it to scare him off. That man could have raped and killed me, but my father's rifle saved me and it wasn't even loaded, but he did not know that. To top it all off, he was a military man so he had direct access to weapons.... if guns were not allowed in citizens homes, I would have been defenseless and he would have had the advantage just as a criminal outside the law would have. All I can say is, if you want my gun..... cold dead hands.

By the way, the price you quoted is for boxes of guns. Not a single gun. You can get a single gun on the black market for $100.00. Secondly, as I stated in my experience.... it is not just criminals you have to protect yourself from.

13. UniversalAris

UniversalAris New Member

If you ban all guns. All the people that own the gun legally will have it removed. These mass shooting would happen regardless. People that have stopped mass shootings with their own concealed carries would be the ones taking the hit. I do believe that people should not have AK-47's but an analogy that I like to use is: If you go hunting, but the deer starts shooting back, the hunters not going to go hunting anymore. That is just my view on the subject. Another point is that if we have a foreign attack everyone becomes a soldier at this point not just the army. That is what makes America a force to be reckoned with.

14. UniversalAris

UniversalAris New Member

They would use the gun illegally obtained to intimidate you into giving up belongings or using it for a hostage situation. They could also still cause mass shooting with the illegally obtained gun. The solution not to ban access or give free access, but to reduce the amount of people that can receive guns and what type. Limiting to hand guns or non-automatics will reduce the power behind a mass shooting. Having a thorough background check and mental test would also be applicable to reduce the individuals that may use guns in a harmful way. The black market would still be open, but that is when we need to crack down on the judicial and justice system rather than the gun laws.