1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's The Purpose Of Living?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forums' started by remnant, Mar 3, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Member

I have been mulling over the reason for everyone's existence in the world. Some believe it is to come, acquire an education, accumulate wealth and go. Others would insinuate that it is to leave a legacy or even ensure continuity. But this has happened for millenia. Is there no higher reason?

2. wctmgurgaon

wctmgurgaon Member

The main purpose of living is to do something for others and for society, so that others will remember you for you good even after your existence.

3. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

I think everyone will have their own answer to this question if you want to be honest. What I feel is my purpose isn't going to be the same as yours but I guess we can likely agree on some general terms.
    • treat others how you want to be treated
    • - ignore the assholes
    • contribute to the world around you
    • explore
    • create
    • enjoy
    • love

4. Mysty R

Mysty R Member

I don't think there is a clear purpose of living. Definitely not when your talking just about the perspective of one person. Maybe you can call "experiencing" a purpose, but I think experiencing is just something that happens. When you take a bigger perspective, for instance millennia, living might be a process a really big process, so big it is impossible for a person or even anyone in hole human existence to see what the purpose might be. What I mean with this is there is a "end result" (the purpose), but there is no way I can imagine what this is, we don't even know how this process started, there is no way we even can guess what the result is going to be! To give you an image of how small "living" is in this process, I am going to compare the purpose with the earth. This would mean that living would not be a plant, not even an atom, but just an electron. And living could have a purpose. Because when you take this electron out of this atom, it could change the atom, this could change a molecule, this could change a cel, this could change a plant and this might have influence on the earth, but sometimes it doesn't matter if you do or do not take out this electron, because sometimes everything will just stay the same.

Conclusion:
    In my opinion there is no clear purpose, but there is an end result. There is no way to figure out what this end result is going to be and when it is going to be there. Living might play a valid role in this proces, but it also might not.

Brandon likes this.