1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Updated To The Forum

Discussion in 'Latest breaking news for TBFE' started by Brandon, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

Hello Everyone,

I'm here to help with the forums and during the next few weeks you'll see some changes around the place.
    The first one was today, moving the site to the root URL.. dropping the /community/ of the URL. This was done for a few reasons but the #1 is that I like things simple and clean and this accomplishes that.

I've also update the forum to the latest version of xenforo, which at the time of this post is 1.4.5. This was running on 1.2, so it was in need of an update.

I've also added a profile completion mod and have a few more things to add to help liven this place up.

Let me know here if you have any questions or notice any bugs that I've created.

Cheers!
    -Brandon

2. Leaky

Leaky Gold Poster Awesome Poster

Wait wat. I swear I thought you were going to be another fake account that would just make a few posts and disappear into the abyss.

Welp. glhf.

Brandon likes this.
  3. Brandon

Ha, no I'm the real deal :)

Also I've updated to 1.4.6 xenforo now.. figures they would release an update the day after we get this site updated..lol

PS.. I'm working on a new home page, you may see it up while I'm working on. Or if I get it to a point that I like it, it'll be on all the time.

Feedback is welcome :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. torialysse

torialysse Wreck Em! Awesome Poster

Pretty sweet! I look forward to seeing some changes here.
    Glad to see someone new actually sticking around and making a difference.

Brandon likes this.
  5. Brandon

It's users like yourself and others who have posted lately that will really make a difference. :)
    I have a few friends who I may be able to get to come by and interact but I know they are busy with their own lives and sites as well.

My goal is to make this site easy to use, easy to find or post content and load extremely fast.
    Also fully mobile compliant and accessible on our phones.

I have a few places I can advertise but that will be down the line a bit. :greedy:

6. gazana

gazana Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Well, good luck! I know it is a lot of work, but will well worth it! I will keep checking in to check on the progress. I must say, you do have it pretty smooth and fast, which is greatly appreciated. I know other posters are gonna appreciate all the details you are working on, too. So until tomorrow, I am out of here. :peek:

Brandon likes this.
  7. Brandon

The site speed hasn't changed much since I got here, most of that is credited to @fattony69 ;)
    He's the one that setup this cool style that the users can customize, I have moved the site to a new server though, so that may help a bit but for the most post it's in the same shape it was a month ago.

I just moved the URL to the root and changed up the home page a bit.
    I'm considering organizing the forums themselves a bit but once you make that move there really isn't an easy way to go back.

fattony69 and gazana like this.
  8. Arsonism

Arsonism Kill it with fire Staff Member Awesome Poster

I don't think consolidation would be all to bad an idea just in light of the activity currently. However, the separation is nice for whenever things do pick up.

Brandon likes this.
  9. torialysse

It looked slightly more promising there for a little while but things have gone back to being pretty dead around here again :/

10. Brandon

I see a few of you guys and gals have stopped by and posted. I've tried to check out the forums every few days to at least reply if I see a new post.

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve activity, but like everyone I do have a full time job, family and life as well.
    I'm happy hosting the site so there is no fear it'll vanish someday..
    We also don't have any ads up so the site should load quickly.
    I've been working on a large web client that the first phase will launch June 1st, the phase 2 set to launch a few weeks after. I may have a bit more free time after that.

One thing I may be able to do after this contract is over is to find some other forums to purchase and merge over here. Hopefully bringing some active members over from those forums.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. torialysse

Looks like things are picking back up a little. I think youve done a good job with maintaining the site and doing what you have with it. We appreciate any time you put into it as we know how limited time can be when you also have a full time job and a family to take care of. I really like the fact that we dont have ads or anything like that on here. For me thats a huge plus.

Brandon likes this.
  12. Brandon

Thanks @torialysse
    I appreciate it, I try to get people over here when I can and I also have a paid mod or two I'd like to ad when I get some extra cash.

I have the space to host the site and the domain is good for a while. This place will be here alive or dead for the foreseeable future.

13. Brandon

I've upgraded the site to the latest and greatest.

These are the bugs that should be fixed.. Although I don't know if we've had a problem with them but we have ran the upgrade.

14. Arsonism

Arsonism Kill it with fire Staff Member Awesome Poster

Well done Brandon, glad to see things clambering back up around here.

Brandon likes this.
  15. Brandon

Thanks, ya we seem to get little burst of traffic from time to time along with a few regulars (THANK YOU) that stop by as well. :)

16. Brandon

The forum has been updated, 2 security issues have been patched and a few updates.

17. CMPuLs3

CMPuLs3 Silver Poster Awesome Poster

Really glad this place has stuck with Xenforo.

Came to see if it was still up & saw this. Cool stuff man.

Brandon likes this.
  18. Brandon

I don't see us changing from xenforo for a while. ;)

19. Brandon

I've added a little box to show who's been on the forum the last 24 hours..

online-today.png

Enjoy! :)

20. Joy Brussels

Joy Brussels Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Hi..

I am very new to forum thing, I read your updated note and would love to know about Xenforo and its impact for forum platform.
    And what are the new bug fixes of the last version:) :)

Lead me in learning :happy: