• This is still the same old TBFE but we're starting off fresh with this new framework. You'll need to sign up again if you'd like your own account on the forums or there is a guest section that you can post in without signing up.

Anyone into remote controlled stuff?

Brandon

Administrator
TBFE Agents
TBFE Patron
Who doesn't like a nice remote control toy or tool depending on what you use it for.
I bought a losi xxx-srt for the house last year and it's been a blast but I think we broke it.
As far as I can tell I need to either replace the motor (electric) or the ESC which seems like the brains of the car.

I'll post some more pics of the tear-down if anyone is interested

IMG_20171018_202032.jpg

Last edited:

Monster

Administrator
Staff member
TBFE Agents
TBFE Patron
Perhaps you should find a local RC car club, they might be able to help you with repairs. :)

A former friend of mine did some RC car racing for some years. I helped him with one of his cars once, but that was over 30 years ago! :D

Brandon

Administrator
TBFE Agents
TBFE Patron
I haven't yet :cry::cry:
I need to take it up to the RC shop here in town to see if they can test the motor and the ESC to see if they are good, I think I burnt one of them out.
I'll check out that forum and see what they have to say.

Robyn Banks

TBFE Patron
looks neat, have you got a shell for it? I would like to see a pic.

i used to fly an rc aircraft (sometimes from the airfield which i flew real planes from lol) had a reputation with the club because i flew the same rc aircraft for eight years. it was totally overpowered for it's size and type - could do vertical takeoffs and hand-launches.