1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coffee Or Tea?

Discussion in 'Around the home' started by Zyni, May 29, 2015.

1. Zyni

Zyni Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Are you a coffee lover or a person who prefers tea? Do you prefer one over the other, or do you like both? I do both. I drink my hot caffeine (coffee) as soon as I get up. Later on, I switch to cold (iced tea). I've never really been a big hot tea drinker, unless I'm really, really cold or I'm sick. What about you?

Brandon likes this.
  2. LeopardPrintDyson

LeopardPrintDyson Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Tea for me. I usually drink it hot, but I do enjoy iced tea as well, especially with frozen tea cubes instead of ice. Really the only time I drink coffee is in fancy sugary drinks, which I know aren’t good for me, so I try to limit my intake.

3. BradR

BradR Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I think it has to be tea. For some reason, every time I taste coffee it just makes me ill and it has a horrible aftertaste, whereas with a cup of tea, I can't stop drinking it.

4. pafjlh

pafjlh Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I prefer both myself. I have coffee in the morning, it helps me get the day going. I will then have ice tea later in the day. There have been times where I have ran out of coffee, and had to have hot tea in the morning somehow its just not the same. So, I like to have both as a beverage and won't chose one over the other.

5. Zyni

What I love about iced tea is how it holds the cold so well. It is singularly the best cold drink on a hot day. Mine gets so cold that I get brain freeze if I drink it fast. It just cools you right off. Ahhh.

Tea cubes is a neat idea. I'll have to try that. I've done it with coffee if I have a bit left and then use it to make iced coffee. I don't know why I never thought of doing the same with tea. Thanks.

Pafjlh, hot tea in the morning is definitely not the same. No contest.

6. torialysse

torialysse Wreck Em! Awesome Poster

I dont drink anything other than water lately. Im not a huge fan of tea whether its hot or cold. I just dont like the taste really unless its more flavored like peach tea or green tea. I honestly dont even remember the last time I had coffee! I think its good and all but I just dont really ever want/crave it.

7. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

Always been coffee for me but it's not something I need every day.
    I usually make coffee on the weekends and maybe twice during the week.

I've tried to enjoy tea but I just haven't found anything I've liked yet. :dead:

8. MakingCents

MakingCents Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I like coffee and coffe drinks like cappuccino and what not. But I much prefer tea. I like sweet tea (cold) and just about any other tea iced or hot. I also like that tea has healthy benefits to it! Not the sweet tea of course.

9. letoucan

letoucan Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Tea. I've never been a fan of coffee for its taste. I don't really like bitter things. Even when it comes to tea, I like mine super sweet.

10. GhostRideTheFed

GhostRideTheFed Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I like both, but I love coffee the most. I got a really great coffee maker called an Aeropress and expensive grinder for Christmas that make ridiculously good cups of coffee. Waking up and drinking a couple cups before going to work is the best. It definitely jump starts my day. I drink it completely black. The Aeropress makes such a great cup that I don't have to put anything in it.

I drink tea mainly to unwind. Lavender tea is great when you want to go to bed. Weirdly enough, even green tea has a calming effect on me. I don't really understand it, but it's nice to have.

Brandon likes this.
  11. Miguel Cavada

Miguel Cavada Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I always drink coffee in the morning because it has more caffeine and green tea in the afternoon. I prefer my tea cold and my coffee hot.

12. superbobby

superbobby Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I prefer tea. Coffee makes me sleepy for some reason. Tea on the other hand is very refreshing.

13. Zyni

I really need to get a coffee grinder. I'm always tempted to grind my own at stores that offer it. The whole aisle smells so good that it makes me crave a cup of coffee on the spot.

I've never had lavender tea, but yes anything with lavender is meant to be relaxing. I can drink green tea, but it's not my favorite. I like some flavored teas as well, like someone mentioned above, peach being my favorite.

14. GhostRideTheFed

GhostRideTheFed Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Yeah, you should get one when you get the chance. Freshly ground coffee is so great. Even cheaper beans taste a lot better when they're freshly ground. I honestly don't know how I survived so long without one. I think the stuff I end up making tastes better than getting it at a coffee shop even though it's the same beans.

I've got really bad allergies so it's hard for me to sleep sometimes which is how I got into lavender tea at night. It definitely helps me a lot.

15. LilAnn

LilAnn Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

It's 2 cups of coffee in the morning, and mt dew the rest of the day. I drink tea when I go out, though

16. Arsonism

Arsonism Kill it with fire Staff Member Awesome Poster

I've never invested into the habit of either. Although tea under extreme circumstances for sickness a handful of times by an ex girlfriend. Seemed to do the trick about half the time.

17. Ingrid Cazala

Ingrid Cazala Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I like to limit myself to two cups of coffee in the morning. I used to drink it like water but I realised it messed around with my sleeping habits and such which was not good at all considering I had to wake up early for college/work and then used to drink coffee to stay up and continue drinking it to keep awake. It was a harsh cycle but I forced myself to change my bad habits.

Now if I am looking for a warm drink I normally turn to mint green tea during the day which I feel is a lot better for me than my 6 cups of coffee !

18. missbishi

missbishi Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Coffee right up til 6 pm for me, then it's tea and water after that. I wouldn't give up coffee for anything. Always hot too, never cold.

19. kaibutsu

kaibutsu Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

I drink both, but it depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Never iced tea, though, unless it's something like milk tea from a restaurant or cafe. I just don't like to put sugar in my coffee or tea at all, so it's a little bit of a challenge to find an iced tea that I like. Iced coffee is fine black, at least, so I can do that all the time. I prefer both hot and without any garnish, mostly.

Although if I'm having a time of trying to stay up, sometimes I'll brew up some coffee-tea. I'm pretty sure it's the vile taste that puts the zip back in my step at that point.

20. BrokenIdeas

BrokenIdeas Quarter Century Club Awesome Poster

Thats really unhealthy, you know that?