• This is still the same old TBFE but we're starting off fresh with this new framework. You'll need to sign up again if you'd like your own account on the forums or there is a guest section that you can post in without signing up.

Downsizing and removing the clutter

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I'm working on removing all the clutter in my life and in my house. It seems like it's been an ongoing process but this last year I've made good progress thanks to Facebook marketplace and finding people to buy my old junk..lol

Do you live a minimal lifestyle, what are your thoughts on hording your old stuff because you think you might need it someday.
For example I have boxes of computer cables and really it's just one big rats nest now, I need to sit down and sort out the few cables I could use and either sell or trash the rest.

okay, back to cleaning up the place

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
So.. as I said, been selling stuff one Facebook

I posted a few computer parts today and an old dog pen that we didn't need anymore for 60 bucks. Within 40 mins I had 8 people contact me and one person have driven over and bought it. I had picked it up off Facebook earlier this year for 60 as well so that's just what I posted it as. Apparently it's a stronger setup then some pens.

I should have priced it higher..lol

pen.jpg

Monster

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Do you live a minimal lifestyle, what are your thoughts on hording your old stuff because you think you might need it someday.
My brother and a coworker of mine are doing this, trying to a live a minimal lifestyle ... sort of. Especially b/c they moved a lot and thus had to get rid of everything unnecessary.

I'm still having trouble with getting rid of stuff, b/c I often don't know what to keep. lol -- I do need to think about this more often. :) (it's a hindrance for moving)

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
We've sold a few more items since my last post.
Slowly but surely making a dent in our collection of stuff we don't use.
Sold a nice wagon this weekend and we posted a ps3 with rockband stuff that looks like it'll be sold tonight.

I'm working on removing all the clutter in my life and in my house. It seems like it's been an ongoing process but this last year I've made good progress thanks to Facebook marketplace and finding people to buy my old junk..lol

For example I have boxes of computer cables and really it's just one big rats nest now, I need to sit down and sort out the few cables I could use and either sell or trash the rest.

okay, back to cleaning up the place
I did that when I got married I sold all of my used computer parts that I had laying around and I got $600 and I just trashed the stuff that wouldn't sell. My computer part collection was a build up of over 15+ years I had a lot of stuff to sell. And now I just have a box of cables I need and a computer and Xbox One controller for my computer. So in other words, I am very minimal at the moment. :D