1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Develop Zen-like Focus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forums' started by Galvanized, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Galvanized

Galvanized Knows How To Post Awesome Poster

Life as of now is governed and managed by information technology. Most if not all of the work we do is dependent on computers. Don't get me wrong, they're machines built for productivity and efficiency and thereby decrease the amount of effort we have to exert to get something done. However because work is so much easier to manage with the internet being the primary repository of nearly every bit of knowledge known to man, distractions are easy to come by. Hence the said tool by which we could use to work with ease becomes a tyrant enslaving us to a routine of wasting precious time.
    My question is this: Based on the aforementioned, how can one develop zen-like focus in this age of information overload?

Brandon likes this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

Here is a list I found online with some good suggestions.

1. LIVE LIFE AS IF YOU HAD 24 HOURS TO LIVE
      What would you do this day if it was your last?
    2. WAKE UP
      What’s no longer working in your life and organisation?
    3. PICK ONE THING
      What one thing if you did it today would make the biggest difference to your life and business?
    4. FIRE UP YOUR PASSION
      Zen like focus is carried on the wings and breath of passion.
    5. LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, COMPLETE IT
      When you live it and breathe the task or service you are doing, you will complete it.
    6. BE IT NOW
      What does your company want to be when it grows up? Focus on it now.
    7. QUIT NOW
      What products or services no longer work? Quit them today.
    8. BE UNREASONABLE
      Make a decision now and write down what you will have a Zen like focus on within the next twelve months.
    9. LISTEN AND ACT
      Listen to your customers. Listen to your staff. Then apply Zen like focus.
    10. JOIN THE 3% CLUB
      Everything that is easy to do is just as easy not to do and that is why most people won’t be consistent and have Zen like focus.