• This is still the same old TBFE but we're starting off fresh with this new framework. You'll need to sign up again if you'd like your own account on the forums or there is a guest section that you can post in without signing up.

If you could send yourself a tweet back in high school (280 characters) what would it be?

Monster

Administrator
Staff member
TBFE Agents
TBFE Patron
Assuming some of you are old farts like me, what tweet would you send yourself back in high school?
Assuming there had been something like Twitter in the 1980ies ;) , I would probably send: "Finish school, go to university. And don't spend so much time on the computer. Get a girlfriend. Perhaps, pursue a career in music." -- So, mostly the things adults had already been telling me, only I wasn't listening.

Society puts a false image of society into the heads of children in order to protect them. But the older you get, the more you know, the less appealing the whole thing appears. Parents should tell children that there is no such thing as a perfect society.

As a youth, it's possible to have perception of those things, shadows of adult life cast down to our younger selves.

When I was a teenager, all I wanted was to become an adult. When I was an adult, all I wanted was to get older, to accumulate more experience. To see more, to live more, to know things I didn't know before.

Today, as I'm approaching 50, I live from day to day, and I'm in a constant loop of self-gratification, trying to fulfill the tiniest of dreams I had as a youth. I'm not even trying to have any plans anymore.

I'm not sure it was the best outcome of this life that it could have been. Constantly I wonder what would be different had I made this or that choice. I wish I had a way to see all those other lives of mine that could have been and see what they are going through.

Perhaps someday technology will be able to open some pathways, who knows.

Brandon

Administrator
TBFE Agents
TBFE Patron
Off Topic, but have you seen Mr Nobody.. it's on Netflix.
It's about a mortal that's about to die and is able to see all the choices he made and other lives that went off those choices.

I'd tell myself to make better use of my time in school, enjoy art more, buy apple stock!..lol

hn_rn

TBFE Patron
Don't take the boyfriend so seriously, do you, go to college and spend more time with friends!

I did go to college but I had planned to go to KU but held off because of a boy. Then that bit me in the ass. But I had a good time between him and graduating nursing school. Lots of memories I hope to never forget.

Monster

Administrator
Staff member
TBFE Agents
TBFE Patron
Off Topic, but have you seen Mr Nobody.. it's on Netflix.
It's about a mortal that's about to die and is able to see all the choices he made and other lives that went off those choices.
Thanks, looks awesome! :) It's not available here in Germany yet. But I watched some episodes of a series called Altered Carbon on Netflix yesterday. It's about a world in which life is prolonged by exchanging bodies (called "sleeves"), the mind being stored on devices called "stacks". It would open up so many new possibilites -- the series shows some of the things that could be possible with such a technology.

I'd tell myself to make better use of my time in school, enjoy art more, buy apple stock!..lol
Yeah Apple stock!! :D (and Microsoft, of course :D )