• This is still the same old TBFE but we're starting off fresh with this new framework. You'll need to sign up again if you'd like your own account on the forums or there is a guest section that you can post in without signing up.

Seems you're either a sports fans or not

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
So I wouldn't say that I was a big sports fan growing up, I didn't have a team I watched all the time. I did play games with the neighborhood kids and stuff growing up. We have a field we could go play baseball or soccer, and there were always a few basketball goals around if we wanted to shoot hopes but I don't remember sitting down and watching games on tv or going to watch others play.
My son on the other hand is very much into sports and it helps his competitiveness I guess, not to say I wasn't as a kid but I would have rather rode my bike around vs trying to get better at hitting a ball. I think I'd still rather ride a bike vs play baseball..lol Maybe I just don't like baseball :unsure:

How did you grow up, were you a sports kid or no?

Monster

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I don't like watching sports either, I'm all for full-on immersion! :D My favorite sports in school were hockey and soccer (I used to be either goal keeper or center forward).

Except I became very much overweight in my early teen age (185 lbs/84 kg), mainly due to a sugar-heavy diet. Sports lost a lot of its attractiveness to me. I still rode my bicycle often over large distances. Until I began to work and riding cars. Then it was bye-bye bicycle, more or less. Ever since my knee injury in 2002, I can only move in limited ways, and cannot walk or stand for a long time. Since I've been working from home, I've gained additional weight (especially after I quit smoking in 2015; up to 397 lbs/180 kg), but managed to get 20 kg (44 lbs) off already (down to 353 lbs/160 kg) just by calorie counting. Still, I've got a long way to go back to normal weight. It doesn't help that I'm approaching 50, and need much fewer calories per day than I used to. But sports is more or less out of the equation -- I need to figure out what I can and cannot do sports-wise to burn some additional calories. Just walking around would help, but I need to train myself first, walking ever longer distances, and starting off with short distances. With my weight (and age) new problems emerged like being afraid of falling (b/c that could mean needing hospitalization).

4rzee

I'm not a sports-savvy person but sometimes I like watching games of sort. I'm also not that fit to focus on sports but I'm okay to play some like occasional soccer game on the backyard with my friends