1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Sport Ever!!!

Discussion in 'The Best Sports Forum' started by lucas gabriel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. lucas gabriel

lucas gabriel newbie Awesome Poster

Hi, everyone! I'm Lucas, and today I want to introduce you a different sport but, before writing anything, read the text below

" Slacklining is a sport that was developed by Climbers in Yosemite Valley, California during the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. When they were not climbing, they took flat nylon webbing and stretched it between two rocky outcroppings over a void, and then learned to walk and balance on this webbing. The sister sport of tightrope walking, the slackline is different because the rope is dynamic; it moves with you whereas tightrope walking is on a wire or steel cable, and bends some to the weight but is not stretching with each movement. In this way, slackline requires different muscles and training then tightrope walking." wrote by thatslacklinegirl.com.

I'm still newbie, a beginner, I've been training for just some weeks but, I already feel in love with it, then, if you've never heard about it before, try it ;D it's an amazing one ;D . The video below, I'm walking on it ;D take a look ;D

PolkaDot and Brandon like this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Just here to have fun

Very cool @lucas gabriel
    I'd like to see more video of you or your friends walking the slackline :)
    It looks pretty fun but I'm sure it would take me a while to balance myself like you were.

Thanks for sharing, welcome to the forums :snap:

3. PolkaDot

PolkaDot Knows How To Post Awesome Poster

That's awesome @lucas gabriel My climbing club has set up a slack line a few times and I'm just awful at it! But it is a lot of fun! You keep it up and keep posting videos for us!

Brandon likes this.